Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Unable to connect using SFTP - "could not be opened because the SFTP server says that the requ (2 posts)
- Started 3 years ago by Michael
- Latest reply 3 years ago from Jim Matthews
I'm able to connect to ftp.art.com using ftp. But using sftp i get the following error message: SFTP connection "ftp.art.com" could not be opened because the SFTP server says that the requested item is not a folder. Here's the fetch transcript:
Connecting to firstname.lastname@example.org port 22 (5/22/13 9:32 PM)
SSH2_FXP_REALPATH 1, .
SSH2_FXP_STAT 2, /
SFTP connection to “ftp.art.com” could not be opened because the SFTP server says that the requested item is not a folder. (If you entered a folder name or URL, check that it is correct.)
I'm thinking I might be hitting some sort of time out since the home folder I'm connecting to has a large number of files and directories. Using Filezilla I'm able to connect to the ftp site if I change the default timeout from 5 seconds to 20 seconds. Also, if I change the home directory (I'm the admin of ftp.art.com) to one with less files\folders, I'm able to connect with no problems.
I also tried this command:
defaults write com.fetchsoftworks.Fetch PortNeverWorkedTimeout -int 90
but it did not have any effect.
Jim Matthews Administrator
That's interesting. Would you mind collecting a bit more information about this problem? Here are the steps:
1) In Fetch, hold down Command, Option, Shift and Control and type the letter "d". A menu named "Debug" should appear between the Window and Help menus
2) From the Debug menu, choose Logging > SFTP log
3) Try to connect to ftp.art.com with SFTP
4) Post the contents of the Fetch Transcript window, which should have some additional information about why the login is failing
- Page 1