Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
wrong password error, cannot log in to FTP (2 posts)
- Started 7 years ago by username
- Latest reply 7 years ago from Scott McGuire
I'm getting the dreaded 'incorrect password' error from fetch. I am able to use a different ftp program on the same computer to log in successfully. Furthermore, fetch was working earlier.
Scott McGuire Administrator
If you are getting an incorrect password message from Fetch when other programs work and when Fetch used to work, I'm sorry to say the most likely explanation is that some of the information you are giving Fetch to send to the server is not correct - Fetch does not make changes to the password you enter before sending it to the server.
I would try the following things:
* Make sure there is not a blank space after your username or the hostname.
* If you are using a shortcut to connect to the server, try entering the connection information manually and see if you can connect.
* If Fetch is retrieving your password from the keychain, after it does that, re-enter the password manually and see if you can connect.
Let us know if either of those helps solve the problem, if not, we will try to investigate further.
- Page 1