Today we released Fetch 5.7.6, a minor update that offers improved support for FTP with TLS/SSL.
Increasing numbers of FTP with TLS/SSL (aka FTPS) servers now require the latest version of TLS, TLS 1.2. It is also becoming more common for FTPS servers to require a feature called SSL session reuse. Both of these requirements improve the security of FTP sessions, so we are happy to be able to offer compatibility with these requirements in this new Fetch release. Please note, however, that Fetch's support for TLS 1.2 and SSL session reuse is restricted to more recent OS X releases (see below for details).
The complete list of changes in Fetch 5.7.6 are as follows:
- Added compatibility with FTP servers that require TLS 1.2 (requires OS X 10.8 or later)
- Added compatibility with FTP servers that require SSL session reuse (requires OS X 10.9 or later)
- Added compatibility with FTP servers that send Extended Passive Mode PASV replies
- Fixed a problem with editing when there are two copies of the editing application available
- Fixed a problem with mirror downloads generating Finder sound effects
Fetch 5.7.6 is a free update if you purchased your Fetch license after January 28, 2009; otherwise an upgrade is $10, and a new license is $29. Fetch 5.7.6 is compatible with Intel Macs running OS X 10.5 or newer, including macOS 10.12 Sierra.
Please download Fetch 5.7.6 from the Fetch Download page, or by choosing Check for Update… from the menu in an earlier version. If you purchased Fetch from the Mac App Store, open the App Store application and check the Updates tab for the new version. And please let us know what you think of the new release.