Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Mac OS error -25308 (2 posts)
- Started 10 years ago by manca
- Latest reply 10 years ago from Scott McGuire
When using Fetch 5.0.3 in OS 10.3.9 on a G4 powerbook, I have no issues accessing FTP keychain login items.
WHen I installed 5.1, the following message appears every time a keychain/shortcut item is accessed
"The shortcut cannot be used because an error has occurred.
Mac OS error -25308
If I revert back to 5.0.3 the shortcuts work fine.
Is this a known issue? Looks like either an authenticaton issue with the Keychain or a problem reading shortcut between 5.0.3 and 5.1...
Scott McGuire Administrator
That error indicates a problem with the keychain.
Do you know if other programs can use the keychain successfully? (I realize it can be hard to tell if a program is using the keychain or not.)
Could you please do the following?
* Open the Applications folder.
* Open the Utilities folder.
* Run the Keychain Access application.
* In the Keychain Access application, choose View > Show Keychains.
What keychains are listed in the drawer that pops out on the side of the window?
Next, still in the Keychain Access application:
* Choose Window > Keychain First Aid.
* Click the Repair button.
* Enter your Mac OS X password in the password field.
* Click the Start button.
After the repair is completed, try running Fetch 5.1 again. Did this fix the problem?
Please let us know. Thanks,
- Page 1