Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Re-asked for passwords all the time (2 posts)
- Started 10 years ago by burningrolls
- Latest reply 10 years ago from Scott McGuire
Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong !
Fetch keeps re-asking me for my server passwords every so often, even though I have saved them on my Keychain AND made it into a shortcut.
Many thanks, From David
(Mac OS10.3.9 / G4 2.5GH / Fetch 5.1.1)
[This message has been edited by burningrolls (edited 01-09-2007).]
Scott McGuire Administrator
If Fetch keeps asking you for your passwords even after you've saved them in the keychain, this usually indicates a problem with the keychain.
Here are two things to try:
First, do the following:
* Open the Applications folder.
* Open the Utilities folder.
* Open the Keychain Access application.
* Choose Keychain Access > Keychain First Aid from the menus.
* Click the Repair button.
* Enter your Mac OS X password in the password field.
* Click the Start button.
* After the repair is finished, quit the Keychain Access application.
Then try using Fetch for a while and see if that has helped.
If it hasn't, return to Keychain Access, and search your keychain for entries that contain the names of the server you connect to with Fetch. Delete just those entries (and be sure you remember what the password is before you delete an entry!)
Then the next time you run Fetch, you'll be asked for the passwords again; ask Fetch to re-add them to the keychain.
If neither of these helps, let us know.
- Page 1