Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Here are answers to questions about licensing and registering Fetch. For general information about purchasing and licensing Fetch, see the Licensing help topic.
- Why does Fetch say that my serial number is not valid when I copied it from the receipt?
- I purchased Fetch but lost my serial number; how can I get it?
- Do registered users of Fetch 4 or Fetch 5 get a discount on upgrading to 5.7?
- How should I distribute a licensed copy of Fetch to users at my educational or charitable organization?
- Under what terms and conditions is Fetch licensed?
- 1. Why does Fetch say that my serial number is not valid when I copied it from the receipt?
- Each serial number is only valid with a certain name, the Serial Number Name, which is also included in the receipt. The Serial Number Name might be your company or organization name as opposed to your own name. Be sure you are entering the correct Serial Number Name along with the serial number. The Serial Number Name must be entered exactly as written in your receipt.
- 2. I purchased Fetch but lost my serial number; how can I get it?
- Please fill out the lost serial number form on our website and we'll look in our records for your serial number.
- 3. Do registered users of Fetch 4 or Fetch 5 get a discount on upgrading to 5.7?
- Upgrades to Fetch 5.7 are free for registered users of Fetch 5.5 and later, or if you purchased Fetch after January 28, 2009. Otherwise, registered users of any version of Fetch 5.3.1 or earlier can upgrade to Fetch 5.7 for the discounted price of $10. To upgrade, choose Purchase Upgrade from the Fetch menu.
- 4. How should I distribute a licensed copy of Fetch to users at my educational or charitable organization?
If your institution distributes software using installers, you can distribute Fetch along with a preferences file that includes the serial number information from your license. To do so:
- Open Fetch 5.7.
- Hold down Option, go to the Fetch menu, and choose Enter Serial Number.
- Enter your institution's Fetch serial number name and serial number.
- Quit Fetch.
- In the Finder, choose Go to Folder…, enter “~/Library/Preferences”, and click Go.
- There should be a file named “com.fetchsoftworks.Fetch.License.plist”; have your installer put that file in users' /Library/Preferences folders.
- When Fetch launches on a Mac with that preferences file, it will use the serial number that was entered.
- 5. Under what terms and conditions is Fetch licensed?
- Fetch is licensed as-is; Fetch Softworks makes no warranty, express or implied, as to its suitability for any purpose. A single-user licensee may use Fetch on different computers (for example a laptop and a desktop), provided that Fetch is only used by the licensee on one computer at a time. A Fetch license for X users covers the simultaneous use of up to X copies of Fetch, and no more.