Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Fetch's Edit command lets you make changes to any kind of file in another application and save the changes back to the server automatically.
To edit a file:
- Connect to the server where the file is located.
- Select the file that you want to edit by clicking it.
- Click the Edit button in the toolbar, or choose Remote > Edit .
- The editor application for that kind of file opens. Make changes to the file.
- In the editor, choose File > Save . Fetch will automatically upload the changed file back to the server.
If Fetch does not open the application you would like to use for editing a certain kind of file — or you would like to use a different editor temporarily — hold down the Option key when clicking the Edit button or choosing the Edit menu item. Fetch will ask you to choose a different application to use for editing and whether you want Fetch to remember this choice for the future or not.
You can also choose a different editor to use temporarily with the Edit With submenu in the Remote menu or the contextual menus, or see the changing the editor for a file help topic for another method of specifying editors.
For more information, see the Edit command help topic.