Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
cannot replace old website with new one.... (3 posts)
- Started 7 years ago by nilesblue
- Latest reply 7 years ago from nilesblue
HELP! I created a new website for a friend that worked perfect on my site/ftp while I created it. Now I need to upload it to my friends existing ftp that holds the her old site but when I upload the new files,the old site still appears!Any ideas??
Scott McGuire Administrator
The first thing you should do is make sure that your browser is not caching a copy of the old website, and showing you that instead of what is really on the website.
Do the following:
* In Safari, go to the Safari menu, and choose Empty Cache.
* Safari will ask you if you're sure. Click the Empty button.
* Then go to the website address, and see if you see the new site.
If that does not seem to be the problem, please let us know which program you are using to create the webpage, so that we can give you the best advice.
Thank you! I figured it was a little bit of that and putting a file in the HTML folder of the existing site. Lesson learned:)
If you would like to do yoga check it out at-
:) I love FETCH!!!
- Page 1