Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Command not implemented (2 posts)
- Started 4 years ago by michaelnun
- Latest reply 4 years ago from Scott McGuire
I try to change the permissions for a file (layout.css) from 766 to 666. I hit the apply button and am given a message every time:
Fetch Could not set permissions for "layout.css" because the FTP server sent an unexpected response.
Check the Fetch Transcript window for more information.
Server responded: "SITE: Command not implemented"
Any ideas on why this is happening and any suggestions on how to resolve it so I can change permissions for files?
Scott McGuire Administrator
It sounds like your server may not support changing permissions. While this is rare, it does happen.
Have you been able to change permissions of files on this server before?
But if you want to send us a transcript, we'll take a look and see if we have any other suggestions.
To do this, please do the following:
* Quit Fetch, if it's running.
* Open Fetch again.
* Connect to your server.
* Try changing the permission of a file again.
* After you receive the error, go to the Window menu, and choose Fetch Transcript.
* Copy the entire contents of the transcript window, and paste them into a reply to this message.
- Page 1