Your best friend for file transfer.

Fetch application logoFetch

exceeded storage quota (8 posts)

  • Started 6 years ago by luckyg5
  • Latest reply 6 years ago from Scott McGuire
  • luckyg5 Member

    After years of using Fetch, a couple of days ago started getting the message, "could not put because the FTP server says that you have exceeded your storage quota". I can send from a different computer to the same address, using the same username and password and it works fine, but going through my wireless and hub brings up this error. Is it maybe a router error?

    Frustrating, thanks in advance for any help.

    Posted 6 years ago #

  • Scott McGuire Administrator

    Hi,

    The "exceeded your storage quota" message comes from the server; Fetch is just passing it along. It means that you are out of space in your account on the server.

    Which Mac you try to upload from should not make a difference. Perhaps you tried to upload a smaller file that there was room for from the other computer and that's why it worked from there?

    Anyway, the solution is to delete some old files that you no longer need from the server, or to contact the folks who run the server and see if they will increase your storage allowance.

    Please let us know if you have further questions.

    Thanks,

    Scott McGuire
    Fetch Softworks

    Posted 6 years ago #

  • luckyg5 Member

    I've talked with the person who runs the server, and he asures me there is plents of storage and allowances. It is a newspaper site that photographers routinely send to. Using my laptop rather than desktop computer, and sending the same file using a verizon card rather than going through the cable modem and router, same serever address, username, etc. and it works fine, which leads me to believe it is somewhere within my desktop system. I appreciate your efforts here and wonder if you might have any other suggestions, as the server assures me it's not on their end.

    Thanks,

    Originally posted by ScottMcGuire:

    Hi,

    The "exceeded your storage quota" message comes from the server; Fetch is just passing it along. It means that you are out of space in your account on the server.

    Which Mac you try to upload from should not make a difference. Perhaps you tried to upload a smaller file that there was room for from the other computer and that's why it worked from there?

    Anyway, the solution is to delete some old files that you no longer need from the server, or to contact the folks who run the server and see if they will increase your storage allowance.

    Please let us know if you have further questions.

    Thanks,

    Scott McGuire
    Fetch Softworks

    Posted 6 years ago #

  • Scott McGuire Administrator

    Hi,

    If you could send us the transcript from an attempt to upload, we will take a look and see if we have any other suggestions. (The transcript is a detailed record of Fetch's communication with the server.)

    To do this:

    * Quit Fetch.
    * Open Fetch again.
    * Connect to your server.
    * Try to upload a file.
    * After you receive an error, choose Fetch Transcript from the Window menu.
    * Copy the entire contents of the transcript window, and paste them into a reply to this message.

    Thanks,

    Scott McGuire
    Fetch Softworks

    Posted 6 years ago #

  • luckyg5 Member

    Scott,

    Here's the transcript, hope it will shed some light, thanks again

    Fetch 5.3 (5D161) PowerPC running on Mac OS X 10.4.11 (8S165) PowerPC English
    StuffIt Engine 0x820, StuffIt SDK Version 10.1.1b1
    Expires 04/03/2008 T
    Connecting to sftp.jsinc.com port 21 (Mac OS X firewall is off) (3/27/08 4:59:25 PM)
    Connected to 209.83.39.35 port 21 (3/27/08 4:59:25 PM)
    220 sftp.jsinc.com X2 WS_FTP Server 5.0.5 (3779010877)
    USER photog
    331 Password required
    PASS
    230 user logged in
    SYST
    215 UNIX
    PWD
    257 "/photog" is current directory
    MACB ENABLE
    500 illegal command
    PWD
    257 "/photog" is current directory
    TYPE A
    200 Type set to ASCII.
    PASV
    227 Entering Passive Mode (209,83,39,35,18,105).
    Making data connection to 209.83.39.35 port 4713
    LIST -al
    150 Opening ASCII data connection for directory listing
    drwxr-x--- 2 photog System 0 Mar 27 16:41 .
    drwxr-x--- 2 photog System 0 Mar 27 16:41 ..
    226 transfer complete
    TYPE I
    200 Type set to IMAGE.
    PASV
    227 Entering Passive Mode (209,83,39,35,18,106).
    Making data connection to 209.83.39.35 port 4714
    STOR SIGN, NWS, PORTER, 1.jpg
    150 Opening BINARY data connection for SIGN, NWS, PORTER, 1.jpg
    Update check skipped at 03/27/2008 05:01 PM (next check after 03/28/2008 11:19 PM)

    Originally posted by ScottMcGuire:

    Hi,

    If you could send us the transcript from an attempt to upload, we will take a look and see if we have any other suggestions. (The transcript is a detailed record of Fetch's communication with the server.)

    To do this:

    * Quit Fetch.
    * Open Fetch again.
    * Connect to your server.
    * Try to upload a file.
    * After you receive an error, choose Fetch Transcript from the Window menu.
    * Copy the entire contents of the transcript window, and paste them into a reply to this message.

    Thanks,

    Scott McGuire
    Fetch Softworks

    Posted 6 years ago #

  • Scott McGuire Administrator

    Hi,

    What happens if, as a test, you remove the spaces from the name of the file and try to upload it? (If that doesn't work, please send us the transcript from that upload attempt.)

    Thanks,

    Scott McGuire
    Fetch Softworks

    [This message has been edited by ScottMcGuire (edited 03-28-2008).]

    Posted 6 years ago #

  • luckyg5 Member

    Scott,

    I really appreciate your help. It appears to be a router problem on my end, maybe a permissions problem. By passing the router seems to solve the problem

    Thanks

    Luckyg5

    Originally posted by ScottMcGuire:

    Hi,

    What happens if, as a test, you remove the spaces from the name of the file and try to upload it? (If that doesn't work, please send us the transcript from that upload attempt.)

    Thanks,

    Scott McGuire
    Fetch Softworks

    [This message has been edited by ScottMcGuire (edited 03-28-2008).]

    Posted 6 years ago #

  • Scott McGuire Administrator

    Hi,

    You're welcome.

    If it appears to be a router problem, you might want to check and see if there is a firmware update for your router, and if so, install it and see if that fixes the problem.

    Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

    Best,

    Scott McGuire
    Fetch Softworks

    Posted 6 years ago #

Reply

  • Or nickname, if you prefer.
  • This will be kept confidential.
  • This is to ensure that you’re a person, not a spambot.