Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Fetch suddenly taking a very long time to connect, upload files, I've tried everything. (2 posts)
- Started 4 years ago by Michael
- Latest reply 4 years ago from Scott McGuire
I have been using fetch for about 4-5 months and never has there been a problem, and suddenly it is taking forever to connect and upload even the smallest file. Usually it takes about 5-10 seconds to connect and 2-3 seconds per file of approx. 100-200kb to upload. Now it takes about 20 seconds to connect and probably another 15-20 seconds to transfer even the smallest file. Previously the files would go one after another immediately, now once a file uploads it takes another 15-20 seconds for the next one. I am late getting finishing a website project. I only had seen one other question relating to this and I have run onyx and cleared all the cashes, I have completely uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. No luck. Any ideas? Thanks!!
Scott McGuire Administrator
This may be an issue with either your server or your network equipment; Fetch is taking a long time to connect and upload either because the server is running slow, or something is making the Internet between you and the server slow.
The first thing we recommend you try is restarting all your network equipment and your Mac; this can often clear up this sort of problem. Here are the steps we recommend you follow:
* Shut down your Mac.
* Unplug your router or wireless base station (if you have one; a router is a device for sharing your Internet connection with multiple computers).
* Unplug your cable/DSL modem.
* Plug the cable/DSL modem back in, and wait about a minute for it to get completely started up.
* Then plug the router or wireless base station back in, and wait another minute for it to start up.
* Finally, start your Mac.
Then try connecting and uploading to the problem server.
Let us know if that helps or not, if not, we will advise further.
- Page 1