Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Follow Up:Francis Glasgow (2 posts)
- Started 8 years ago by gevans
- Latest reply 8 years ago from Scott McGuire
I have been helping Francis config your software for FTP access. The following request of info is needed. Using version 4.xx of your software I login with the ftp info that I sent to Franscis and I got the same error message. My server did not accept the password. When I looked into the protocal that is used to handshake with the FTP server I found that the software was trying to connect at the servers root level. as you know this root level is used by the administrator. To verify this I used your software and logged in as the administrator and I was connected to the FTP server no problem. In version 4.xx I found that the software gonfig was based on "Use Internet config". When I unchecked the "Use Internet Config" option and I went to Directory in the Menu items and selected create a new directory. Created a directory the gave the path of the FTP server directory location(C:/iamgevans/tracks) that Francis needed to login to. I was able to connect no problem. I realize that I am using 4.xx version of your software and Francis is using 5.xx version of the same software,
Scott McGuire Administrator
If I understand the problem correctly, I think Francis needs to specify an initial folder when connecting to the server. When you specify an initial folder, Fetch will go directly to that folder (directory) instead of trying to go to root.
In Fetch 5, you can specify the initial folder in the New Connection dialog (the same place the rest of the connection information is entered).
To do this:
* Click the disclosure button in the New Connection dialog (it looks like this: <img src="http://www.fetchsoftworks.com/FetchWebHelp/Contents/Graphics/DisclosureButtonNCD.png"> )
* The initial folder field will now be displayed.
* I believe Francis should enter "tracks" as the initial folder, or possibly "iamgevans/tracks" (without the quotes, of course), in addition to the usual connection information.
Let us know if this does not solve the problem.
- Page 1