Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Hot Folder (2 posts)
- Started 7 years ago by Auspj
- Latest reply 7 years ago from Scott McGuire
I need to move files ( photographs ) to clients and I was wondering if it was possible to set up a folder on my desktop that would automatically send the files as they are saved from Photoshop.
Sorry if this has been cover before, but this is my first time using Fetch,
Scott McGuire Administrator
You can use one of the example Fetch AppleScripts and the Finder's folder actions feature to do this. Here are the steps to take:
1) Download the Fetch 5 example scripts from http://fetchsoftworks.com/FetchExampleScripts.sitx
2) Open the Upload Folder Action script and edit the DestinationURL property to be the URL where you want files uploaded. The easiest way to create the correct URL is to navigate to the desired upload location with Fetch and choose "Copy URL" from the Edit menu.
3) Copy or save the edited script to your Library > Scripts > Folder Action Scripts folder. (You may have to create the Folder Actions Scripts folder if it doesn't exist already.)
4) Control-click on the desired Finder folder and choose "Enable Folder Actions" from the contextual menu if they are not already enabled.
5) Control-click on the desired folder again and choose "Attach Folder Action..." from the contextual menu. Choose the script you saved in step 3.
From then on files saved to that folder, or dropped in that folder, will be automatically uploaded to the specified URL.
Let us know if this does what you need. Thanks,
- Page 1