Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
my connection gets timed out (2 posts)
- Started 8 years ago by gordonchavez
- Latest reply 8 years ago from Scott McGuire
When try to connect to a server at work from home I get a error message. It says that the connection gets timed out. When I try connecting from home it works fine.
Scott McGuire Administrator
If I understand correctly, you are running a server at home, and you want to connect to it when you are at work? Is that correct?
It may be that some firewall or network configuration at work is preventing the connection from working at your office.
If you could send us a transcript from the failed connection attempt, we will take a look and see if we have any advice about what might be causing the problem.
To do this:
* Quit Fetch.
* Open Fetch again.
* Try to connect to your server.
* After you receive the error message, go to the Window menu, and choose Fetch Transcript.
* Copy the entire contents of the transcript window, and paste them into a reply to this message.
- Page 1