Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
OS X - Fetch Unexpectedly Quits (3 posts)
- Started 12 years ago by DS_Admin
- Latest reply 12 years ago from DS_Admin
Lauching the application promptly displays the "Unexpectedly Quit" dialog, followed by this 2nd dialog: "Application Launch Failure - The application "Fetch 4.0" could not be launched because of a shared livrary error: ""<fatcarbon 1.3><fatcarbon 1.3><><>"
(The extra brackets part is my favorite!)
Anyway... downloaded the 4.0.1 installer and now get "Unexpectedly Quit" dialog on the installer! (with no 2nd dialog).
Any suggestions on how to correct would be appreciated. Thanks.
Running: Mac G4 733 - OS X Server 10.1.1
Jim Matthews Administrator
That sounds like a known issue with some Installer Vise installers on Mac OS X ( http://www.mindvision.com/knowledge/kdb_1341.html ). Here's the work-around recommended by MindVision:
1. Go to System Preferences and open the 'International' settings.
2. Make a small change such as rearranging some of the languages at the bottom of the language list or adding a new language.
3. Close the 'International' settings, which will save the changes.
4. Launch the installer.
Thanks Jim! That did it.
Upon opening the International preferences, I found that the one labelled "US English" was not even selected.
This change did not correct the original issue (above) related to Fetch 4.0. But, it did allow the 4.0.1 installer to run. Which did it's thing. And now, I'm happy to report, is working nicely on this machine.
- Page 1
This topic has been closed.