Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
resume download... (2 posts)
- Started 7 years ago by Sugarmansmile
- Latest reply 7 years ago from Scott McGuire
I started downloading a 422 Mb file.
after 358 Mb I frustratingly lost my connection.
I went through some of the old post here, and saw that 'resume download' would fantasticly save me from restarting the download from scratch.
so I did the 'resume download'.
What I see now is, is that instead of displaying 422Mb at bottom of the fetch upload window, it only shows 358Mb and it also displays - stalled
Is it doing the job, or should I just start all over again?
Scott McGuire Administrator
No, if Fetch is not updating the progress and is saying "stalled," it is not downloading your file. I would cancel that download and try resuming download again.
Just to double-check, follow these when you try again:
* Close any open connections to the server (cancel the attempted transfer in progress, if necessary).
* Choose Resume Download from the Remote menu.
* Your file should be listed in the Resume Download window. Select it.
* Click the Resume button to begin resuming the download.
* Fetch should open a new connection to your server, and start downloading again.
If Fetch displays "stalled" again, it may be that your server, unfortunately, does not support resuming downloads. (Not all do.)
Please let us know how it goes. Thanks,
- Page 1