Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
scrambled / distorted text on my website (3 posts)
- Started 3 years ago by cam
- Latest reply 3 years ago from cam
I used the newest version of Fetch to upload my iweb website folder and index. It's an older version of iweb (2006. v 1.1.2). The transfer seems to go fine but the text on quite a few of the pages is in the wrong place and/or grossly distorted. (see carolynmonastra.com). I did any rearranging of pages in iweb only. Interestingly any new pages are fine ... it's some of the older content that seems to have had issues. I did replace all the links at the bottom of every page, so I am not sure why some are scrambled and some are not.
Scott McGuire Administrator
I took a look at your website and everything looks fine to me, but I didn't look at every page.
You should try emptying your web browser's cache (see instructions below) and check you webpages again - it may be that your web browser is showing you partially out of date information, and emptying the cache will force it to load completely new copies of your webpages from the server. if you're still having a problem after you do that, please send a link to one of the pages that has the problem and I'll see if we can advise further.
To empty your cache in Safari:
* Go to the Safari menu, and choose Empty Cache.
* Safari will ask you if you're sure. Click the Empty button.
* Then go to your website address, and view the pages to see if they look okay.
To empty your cache in Firefox 3 or later:
* Go to the Firefox menu, and choose Preferences.
* Click the Advanced icon to show the Advanced options pane.
* Click the Network tab inside the pane.
* In the Offline Storage section, click the Clear Now button.
* Then visit your webpage again.
Thanks - that seemed to have cleared up the problems! I appreciate the speedy response!
- Page 1