Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Unable to use fetch 5.3 trial in leopard (3 posts)
- Started 6 years ago by muddybuddy
- Latest reply 6 years ago from muddybuddy
I keep getting an error message.
Mac OS error -2147414734
Any reason why this might be? And how to fix it?
Scott McGuire Administrator
This error indicates a problem with the Mac OS X keychain, which Fetch uses to securely store the passwords for your shortcuts and recent connections. Unfortunately, the upgrade to Leopard has caused keychain problems for quite a few people, and the problems can affect Fetch.
There are a couple of things to try that should fix the problem.
First, choose Software Update from the Apple menu and check for updates, and install all available updates. Some of the updates for Mac OS X 10.5 include Keychain fixes. Then restart your Mac, if you haven't been required to by the update process.
Try Fetch again. If the updates haven't helped, or you've already installed all available updates, next please do the following:
* Quit Fetch, if it's running.
* Open the Keychain Access application, which is in the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder.
* Go to the Keychain Access menu, and choose Preferences.
* Click on the "First Aid" tab.
* Make sure both "Synchronize login keychain password" and "Set login keychain as default" are checked.
* Then go to the Keychain Access menu, and choose Keychain First Aid.
* In the password field of the Keychain First Aid window, enter your Mac OS X admin password (this should be the same as your Mac OS X login password).
* Click the Repair radio button.
* Click the Start button.
* Once it's done, close the Keychain First Aid window.
* Restart your Macintosh.
Then try Fetch again.
Let us know if either of these helps, or if you're still having problems.
Thanks so much, Scott!
Yep, that was the problem.
- Page 1