Your best friend for file transfer.

Fetch application logoFetch

Fetch 5.7.7 Offers High Sierra Compatibility (5 posts)

• Started 5 months ago by Jim Matthews
  • Latest reply 2 weeks ago from Jim Matthews
  • Jim Matthews Administrator

Fetch 5.7.7 is a minor update that offers improved compatibility with macOS 10.13 High Sierra.

Thanks to feedback from Fetch users we have identified and fixed a couple incompatibilities between the previous Fetch release (5.7.6) and macOS 10.13 High Sierra. The fixes are now available in Fetch 5.7.7.

The complete list of changes in Fetch 5.7.7 are as follows:

* Fixed a problem with the Edit command on macOS 10.13 High Sierra
    * Fixed a problem with copying URLs on macOS 10.13 High Sierra
    * Fixed a problem uploading files over TLS to vsFTPd 3.0.3 servers
    * Fixed a problem with long mirror operations
    * Fixed a -982 font error on Korean systems
    * Fixed a problem with BinHex encoding of files without resource forks

Fetch 5.7.7 is a free update if you purchased your Fetch license after January 28, 2009; otherwise an upgrade is $10, and a new license is $29. Fetch 5.7.7 is compatible with Intel Macs running OS X 10.5 or newer, including macOS 10.13 High Sierra.

Please download Fetch 5.7.7 from http://fetchsoftworks.com/fetch/download/latest or by choosing Check for Update… from the Fetch menu in an earlier version. If you purchased Fetch from the Mac App Store, open the App Store application and check the Updates tab for the new version. And please let us know if you run into any problems with the new release.

Thanks,

Jim Matthews
    Fetch Softworks

Posted 5 months ago #

• KWilliams Member

I keep getting this message: :The action could not be completed because of an error has occurred. (Mac OS error -25293). Very frustrating. Any suggestions? Did 2 restarts and it was working but is now doing the same thing.

Posted 4 months ago #

Hi,

It looks like there's an error with the Keychain, the part of Mac OS X that stores passwords. Deleting the password in question might help fix this problem. Here's what you would do:

1) Choose Utilites from the Go menu in the Finder
    2) Open the Keychain Access application
    3) Type the hostname or username for your FTP account in the search field, to narrow down the list
    4) Double-click the entry for your FTP account
    5) Click the Show password checkbox; you will be prompted for your Mac's system password
    6) Make a note of the password
    7) Go back to the list of Keychain Access passwords, and choose Delete from the Edit menu (or hit the delete key on your keyboard) to delete that entry; you'll be asked to confirm your decision
    8) Try opening Fetch and connecting again; you may be prompted for the password

Please let me know if that does not fix the problem.

Thanks,

Jim Matthews
    Fetch Softworks

Posted 4 months ago #

• Jamie Iseler Member

I just upgraded to Fetch 5.7.7, which is described as being compatible wit Mac OS High Sierra. However, upon launching, I still get a message that the app "is not optimized for this Mac." Apparently, that's a 32-bit vs. 64-bit issue. When I check my "About this Mac" info for Fetch, it says " 64-Bit (Intel): No". Apparently Apple is moving toward a day when anything that isn't 64-bit won't work. Fetch work ... for now, but I'm wondering if there are plans for it to go to 64-bit?

Posted 2 weeks ago #

Hi,

I am working on converting Fetch to 64-bit, and hope that I'll have something to share by the time Apple releases a macOS version that does not run 32-bit apps. I can't promise that I'll be successful, however, so if you need a guarantee of 64-bit support I would encourage looking at alternatives such as Transmit by Panic.

Thanks,

Jim Matthews
    Fetch Softworks

Posted 2 weeks ago #

• Or nickname, if you prefer.
  • This will be kept confidential.
  • This is to ensure that you’re a person, not a spambot.