As of November 13, 2015, it appears that Apple has fixed this issue.
To use a copy of Fetch purchased from the App Store please follow these steps:
- Drag your copy or copies of Fetch to the Trash and empty the Trash
- Restart your Mac
- Open the App Store application
- Confirm you are signed in using the same Apple ID that you used to purchase Fetch by pulling down the Store menu and examining the View My Account item
- Click the Purchased tab. If you do not see Fetch, choose View My Account from the Store menu and click View Hidden Purchases
- Click the Install button next to Fetch to install Fetch from the App Store
Please contact us if that does not solve the problem.
Since Wednesday, November 11, a number of users have reported problems running copies of Fetch downloaded from Apple's Mac App Store. Some users report an error dialog that states "Fetch is damaged and can't be opened. Delete Fetch and download it again from the App Store." Others report that Fetch quits silently. In either case, deleting Fetch and reinstalling from the App Store does not fix the problem.
Similar problems have affected a number of other applications. We believe that this problem is due to a change in the App Store. I have reported the problem to Apple, and hopefully they will fix it promptly.
In the meantime you can download a free 15-day trial copy of Fetch from:
It should work without a serial number. Please contact us if you have any problems using the trial copy while the App Store situation is straightened out.
Thank you for your patience.