Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Renaming a file or folder in the file list works like renaming an item in the Finder:
- Select the item you want to rename by clicking it.
- Press the Return key to display the edit box.
- Type in a new name or edit the existing name.
- Press Return again when you're done.
To rename a file or folder using the info window:
- Select the item you want to rename.
- Choose Remote > Get Info or click the Get Info button in the transfer window toolbar.
- Click the disclosure triangle next to "Name and Extension" to display the name field, if necessary.
- Enter the new name and extension for the file.
- Click the Apply button.
When renaming items, try to choose a name that will be acceptable to the remote computer: some systems have filename length limits and do not allow certain characters. If you specify an improper name, you will get an error message.
If you do not have permission to make changes to the item, you will receive an error when you try to rename it.
On UNIX servers, and some others, it's possible to move a file to a different folder by renaming it. For example, renaming "myfile" to "other/myfile" moves it into the "other" folder.