Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
File transfer server has shut down error when connecting from home (2 posts)
- Started 8 years ago by sjspangenberg
- Latest reply 8 years ago from Scott McGuire
Fetch connects but does not show the file list when I use it from home. It works fine (connecting to the same server) when I use it at work. PASV is enabled. This seems to suggest that Fetch and the Mac are configured correctly, and that I have a problem with my router or ISP at home. Any suggestions?
Scott McGuire Administrator
Try the following and see if this fixes the problem (these instructions are for Fetch 5; if you are not using Fetch 5 let us know):
* Choose Preferences from the Fetch menu.
* Click the Miscellaneous tab.
* Look at the "Use 'LIST -al' command to reveal hidden files" checkbox. If it is unchecked, check it; if it is checked, uncheck it. That is, whatever it is now, change it to the other setting.
* Try connecting again.
If that doesn't help, please do the following:
* Quit Fetch.
* Open Fetch again.
* Connect to your server.
* Once Fetch is connected but the file list is not displayed, go to the Window menu, and choose Fetch Transcript.
* Copy the entire contents of the transcript window, and paste them into a reply to this message.
And we'll take a look and see if we can figure out what's going on.
- Page 1