Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Proxy information appears corrupted and is not being saved (2 posts)
- Started 10 years ago by gilbert
- Latest reply 10 years ago from Scott McGuire
The system defaults to MS Proxy 2.0. "Á§tá¨»ø?Ì&#fffd;" is entered as the proxy host and 37050 is entered as the port. I have tried numerous times to delete this information and change the proxy type to none, but the changes are not being saved.
Reinstalling the sofware did not help. I have also gone into <username>/Library/Preferences to remove the Fetch Cache/Prefs/Shortcuts, but that did not work. I tried creating a new profile and the software works fine there. I would like to think that there may be a better solution than starting from scratch.
The system is a G4 running 10.4.8 and Fetch 4.01. Thank you in advance.
Scott McGuire Administrator
I'd do two things.
First, upgrade to Fetch 4.0.3 - it's a free upgrade for you. You can download it from http://fetchsoftworks.com/downloads.html .
Second, after you do that, do the following:
* Open Fetch.
* Go into Fetch Preferences, click the General tab, and uncheck "Use Internet Config."
* Quit Fetch.
* Remove your Fetch Prefs file again (you can leave the others).
* Open Fetch, and see if you can set the Proxy settings to "None."
If you are still having problems after doing the above, please let us know. Thanks,
- Page 1