Your best friend for file transfer.

Fetch application logoFetch

Fetch 5.8.2 adds native Apple Silicon support (10 posts)

• Started 4 months ago by Jim Matthews
  • Latest reply 1 month ago from Linda McNeil
  • Jim Matthews Administrator

Fetch 5.8.2 is now available for download. This release adds native support for Apple Silicon Macs, and marks the fourth CPU architecture (after the Motorola 68k, Apple/IBM/Motorola PowerPC, and Intel x86) that Fetch has supported over its long history.

In addition, Fetch 5.8.2 fixes a number of bugs. See the release notes at https://fetchsoftworks.com/fetch/help/Contents/WhatsNew/ReleaseNotes.html#Fetch_5_8_2 for details.

Fetch 5.8.2 is a free update if you purchased your Fetch license after January 28, 2009; otherwise an upgrade is $10, and a new license is $29. Fetch 5.8.2 requires macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 Catalina, 10.14 Mojave or 10.13 High Sierra.

Please download Fetch 5.8.2 from the Fetch Download page at https://fetchsoftworks.com/fetch/download or by choosing Check for Update… from the Fetch menu. Fetch is no longer available in the Mac App Store; if you purchased a previous version of Fetch from the App Store and wish to upgrade to Fetch 5.8.2, please contact support at https://fetchsoftworks.com/fetch/feedback . And please let us know if you run into any problems with the new release.

Thanks,
    --
    Jim Matthews
    Fetch Softworks

Posted 4 months ago #

• Linda McNeil Member

Hello,
    I have a new M1 mbpro with Big Sur. I also have Fetch 5.8.2.
    I have been a Fetch user for probably twenty five plus years. But!.
    I can't get Fetch to quit. I have to force my mbpro to shut down.
    Plus it doesn't do anything while active.
    I'm new to the apfs Silcon format. How to I remove Fetch safely from my machine?
    Thank you for you help.
    Linda

Posted 3 months ago #

Hi Linda,

Thanks for reporting that. To remove Fetch, just drag the application to the trash.

Thanks,

Jim Matthews
    Fetch Softworks

Posted 3 months ago #

• Michael Member

I have a MacBook Pro, Intel, running Big Sur, Fetch 5.8.1. I get the message that Fetch 5.8.2 is available and I click to download it which happens successfully. I then click install and restart. The restart never happens and I'm not updated to 5.8.2.

Thanks

Posted 2 months ago #

Hi Michael,

There appears to be a problem with the automatic update. You can download 5.8.2 from https://fetchsoftworks.com/fetch/download/latest

I apologize for this inconvenience.

Thanks,

Jim Matthews
    Fetch Softworks

Posted 2 months ago #

• Michael Member

Thanks Jim, no inconvenience and the download worked just fine.

Michael

Posted 2 months ago #

• klm Member

@Linda, seems like I do have that same (or at least similar) issue on my Intel MBP 2020 running macOS Catalina.

@Jim, I found that Fetch hangs occasionally after trying to quit the app. Force quitting works that's just a poor workaround. I am under the impression that this might be related to using "Edit" or "Edit With" to modify a remote document (via BBEdit). Not sure whether this behavior is triggered when closing Fetch while there are still remote text docs open for editing... might also be possible that the two apps (Fetch # editor) fail to communicate on the status of a remote file...

Let me know if I can help tracking this down...

Peter

Posted 2 months ago #

• Candi Stroh Member

When I launch Fetch 5.8.2, it says that its connected to my server, but it shows no files. I had to download another FTP application to work with my files on the server. Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do to fix it. I don't want to use this other application because I am used to Fetch.

I am running an iMAC Pro (2017) 11.4 Big Sur

Posted 1 month ago #

Hi Candi,

Are you using Little Snitch or another network monitoring program, such as Norton, NetBarrier, Cisco VPN, etc? You can check by opening System Preferences and clicking on the Network icon; network monitoring software would be listed on the left side of the window. There appears to be a problem with macOS Big Sur's support for network monitoring apps that causes empty file lists in Fetch.

Thanks,

Jim Matthews
    Fetch Softworks

Posted 1 month ago #

• Linda McNeil Member

Thank you for you email. I now have version 5.8.2 on my Big Sur M1 mbpro.
    I have used it successfully several times.
    Thank you for updating it.
    L

Posted 1 month ago #

• Or nickname, if you prefer.
  • This will be kept confidential.
  • This is to ensure that you’re a person, not a spambot.