Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Text windows are used any time Fetch needs to display text-based information. They behave similarly to any other Macintosh window that shows text, although you cannot edit the contents of Fetch text windows.
In any text window, you can:
- Select text using the mouse and keyboard, and copy it to the clipboard.
- Select and drag text to any location that accepts drag-and-drop, such as a window in another application or the Finder desktop.
- Search for words or phrases in text windows with the Find command.
- Print the contents of the window with the Print command.
- Save the contents of the window as a text file with the Save a Copy As command.
- Change the font and size of the text with the Set Font and Size command.
- Change the tab width used to display tabs with the Set Font and Size command.
You can edit a remote text file on a server using the Edit command. If you want to make changes to a text file locally but not on the server, use the Save a Copy As command to save it to disk and then edit it with your favorite text editor.